Location: Westley Bottom Consultancy Hub, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 3WD
Do you have a passion for the wildlife and nature, are you motivated to do something significant to improve the regions biodiversity? Would you like to be part of a team helping to conserve some of our most important habitats and species in the East of England, if so then this role might be for you?
This role is accountable for providing consultancy support and expertise in all aspects of wildlife and nature conservation. Working proactively, you will enable properties to deliver high standards of conservation, access and engagement and especially our Land Outdoors and Nature Programme. You will work with and lead, project teams involving a range of specialists, including projects which require working with other organisations and beyond our boundaries.
What you'll be doing
- Delivering our regional habitat creation/restoration and improvement program through providing technical knowledge, experience and competence as well as through support and challenge to Ranger teams.
- Supporting our property teams to delivery nature KPIs, through coaching, mentoring and supporting, empowering and listening. Helping to unblock delivery through proactive guidance, development, training and helping teams prioritising alignment with scheme delivery and strategy outputs.
- Oversite of regional designated sites (SSSI/NNR) management compliance, oversite and liaising with property teams to ensure schemes maximising opportunities/sharing best practise. Relationships with NE reporting, linking and coms between centre and region, external and internal updates - knowledge sharing.
Who we're looking for
- A professional environmentalist (with a Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject) with a sound nature conservation knowledge and significant experience in the conservation sector.
- Broad experience of managing or overseeing habitat creation, restoration and improvement across a range of relevant habitats.
- Substantial knowledge of nature conservation and environment, with full understanding of external issues, legislation, policy, practice, instructions and guidance at UK level.
- Experience of successfully line managing and developing others.
To apply click here
Closing date: 31st January 2020