We are looking to recruit enthusiastic and hardworking full-time Estate Grounds staff to join our small team in a fast-growing business. This position is based in Martley, Worcester and will cover sites in the West Midlands. Ideally candidates should have at least one year’s experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Grass and verge cutting, strimming and general verge maintenance across Estate villages and Nature Reserves;
- Weed control on hard-standing areas, yards, tracks and paths using knapsack and vehicle mounted sprayers;
- Grassland topping and parkland maintenance using hand & ride-on mowers;
- Grassland weed control;
- Wildflower meadow seeding;
- Clear up fallen trees and limbs across the Estates;
- Firewood production;
- Maintenance fencing and gates around the Estate;
- Parkland tree planting and maintenance.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ideally candidates should have some or all the following:
- Self-motivation and ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team;
- Full driving licence and use of vehicle;
- NPTC PA1, PA2 & PA6;
- ATV Sit Aside/Sit In course;
- Chainsaw Maintenance & Cross Cutting;
- Experience with ground maintenance machinery, particularly ride-on mowers;
- Experience with tractor driving.
Salary will be dependent on experience and ability. Additional benefits include a commitment to ongoing professional development, the auto-enrolment pension scheme, a small welfare scheme, payment of professional membership fees and 25 days annual leave (exclusive of public holidays).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
including your full name and contact details, plus a short introduction and your CV.